A 2011 Recap
A 2011 Recap…
After spending a bit of time out of the water in 2010 due to a broken ankle sustained whilst surfing, and the reversal of an ileostomy bag due to having Crohns Disease, my goal for 2011 was to compete in all the main Women’s Star events and finish in the top 40, allowing me to obtain a main round seed for many of the events in 2012. I have achieved this goal after finishing 34th on the World Rankings and I now look forward to an awesome year for 2012!
The year of 2011 was an exciting year for me, where
- I had the opportunity to surf in the Roxy Trials at Snapper Rocks
- Completed my Level 1 and Level 2 Judging certification.
- After being a Level 1 Surf Coach for 4yrs, I am now also a certified Level 2 coach.
- Traveled to Newcastle, Margaret River, France, Portugal, Sri Lanka and also Spain to compete in the Women’s Star Events.
- I became an ambassador for Crohn’s and Colitis Australia and appeared in a 30sec commercial, aired nationally.
- Took part in the Celebrity Teams Challenge at Commonwealth Bank Beachley Classic.
- I made history by winning my third consecutive NSW Open Women’s State Title.
- I then went on to win the Open Women’s Australian Title.
- I also won the Roxy Pro Trials for Trials, giving me a spot in the Roxy Pro Trails held on the 24th Feb 2012.